Monday, December 22, 2008

Baptized: Miranda Ann, Dec 21, 2008



(old: Vicky's baptism, 13 weeks old, 1981.
new: Miranda's baptism, 12 weeks old, 2008.)


The much-anticipated baptism for our great baby girl was yesterday! It all went very well. I was struck by the 'full-circle' nature of it all when my mom and I dressed Miranda in her pretty white baptism gown. It is the beautiful silk and lace gown I wore 27 years ago. But even more meaningful to me than her being in 'my' gown, was the neat moment of dressing her in the same room I put on my pretty white wedding dress just 5 years ago. Then, standing before the same altar where her daddy became my husband not too long ago, we vowed together to raise her to know the Lord and His love for her. To top it off her godfather is Brandon's best man Andrew, and her godmother my maid of honor, Jodi. It's amazing how much has stayed the same in all the things that have changed throughout the course of our marriage!

The morning, and well into the afternoon, was filled with family and friends that came to meet Miranda and celebrate this special day. Grandma had prepared a wonderful party in her honor. It was kind of surreal, actually. This is the way we marked big milestones while I was growing up. Now to gather together to celebrate my daughter's first big special day really made me feel 'all grown up'. Let's hope Miranda grows up always knowing how loved and cherished she is by this family, our friends, and most importantly our gracious God.

No comments: