Thursday, January 29, 2009

World of firsts!

I'm sorry I haven't written in awhile. Miranda has kept us hopping with lots of new activities; actually the rest of life is busy and she's a welcome respite. But we have had some firsts. She's just now getting over her first cold. That was a sad series of events. I had a cold and just as I was getting over it she started getting stuffy and weezy. By the next day her nose was running and she was just full of sneezes and coughs. Her little watery eyes and red drippy nose looked just absolutely pitiful. Meanwhile she had her 4 month check-up and had to get some more vaccines. So, she was a little feverish from that too. But she was a little trooper and after a day of sleeping and plenty of Tylenol she was doing much better. Today she was all smiles and giggles again. The giggles would be another one of her 'firsts' in recent weeks.

Her check-up had all good reports. She's up to 13 lbs and 13 oz. I was actually surprised, because I was sure she was over 14, maybe 15 already - she seems so big to me! But she's growing right on pace; she's consistently been at the 51% at each dr visit.

Other firsts have been: first birthday party (which was really just going out to dinner for Daddy's birthday) first pair of jeans (worn to Daddy's birthday) first bath without crying (mommy's happy about this, now we bathe every other day because she really likes it!) first taste of food (rice cereal, hopefully will help her sleep longer at night) and just for fun first time trying on Daddy's clothes (they're a little big).

There's lots of good new pictures on Picasa, follow the link to the right.

3 comments:

Grandma Marcia said...

grandma loves the new pictures

Lisa J.B. Peterson, CFP(R) said...

Why did she decide to start liking the bath? That's tough that she didn't like it before, but I'm glad she does now.

Our baby is also right at 50% on all measurements. Must be a Peterson thing! ;)

Vicky & Brandon said...

We started bathing in a way less complicated way, and with warmer water - so I think that added to the enjoyment. I was messing with the baby tub before, on the floor or on the counter or in the actual tub. But now I just put a towel down in the bath tub, draw up one inch of warm water and lay her down. She can't roll yet, so we're still good - but our days of these kinds of baths are numbered! I think we'll have to use the tub again when she starts twisting around in there - after awhile I guess she'll just sit up on her own (weird to think).