Sunday, November 9, 2008

My Big Girl

Well, going to daycare this week went just fine. It was a little harder to leave her that first day than I expected. Everyone said it would be; but I thought I was tough. Turns out - no. It has been good to get back into the swing of things at work. It's a little overwhelming playing catch-up in a few areas, but even that's getting worked out very quickly. I do like being back with the youth, of course, they're fun!

Happy day - the grandparents, my parents, are here for the weekend. Silly little blizzard won't stop them! Miranda was very happy to see them, I think - it's hard to say. She burped, gurgled, smiled big, and pooped. I take that to mean she's happy! I know for sure Mom and Dad were excited to see her - that's easy to tell. We're all smiles around here. I'm working on catching this beautiful new smile of Andy's for some pictures. We pretty much live to see that wonderful moment around here.

Random note - I'm so excited that Thanksgiving is coming! Why you ask? Because my grandparents and brother and parents are all coming here for a few days - and my best friend is coming 'home' to Mitchell for a whole week. Party.

Miranda is getting so big. It's ridiculous. More than just her body growing, she's changed so much in her alertness and ability to pay attention to things. It's really amazing how big she seems. I actually have caught myself thinking nonsense things about her bigness. Like, our friends had a baby last week, and he's so tiny and new and wonderful. And I thought, Wow, remember when Miranda was that new. She'll be a big, older friend for this little guy. But - no, she's 1 month older than him; that's like the exact same age in 'real' life. I even saw some baby clothes in the closet that had the word 'baby' on it, and I thought, that's so childish and young for this big girl. Wrong again, she's a month old! I'm just obviously a little surprised at how big she seems and how much she knows already. But, I'm glad she's still my little baby :-)

1 comment:

Lisa J.B. Peterson, CFP(R) said...

She's still going to be a baby when we come to see her at Christmas, right? I hope so! :)