Saturday, May 23, 2009

Daddy's Home!

Brandon got home from Peru this week! He was gone for 12 days; but it sure seemed longer when trying to manuvre single-parenting. The trip was a grand success. It started out really rocky; with huge airline problems causing them to lose a full day stuck in Miami then another day in Lima waiting for the luggage that didn't come from Miami. So they were a couple days behind on work schedule in Chincha; but made up for it with hard dedicated workers. The pictures show lots of time spent with the neighborhood children sharing loads of hugs and giggles. I"ll work on getting some pics up for you; they're still gathering them together from all the students. The team was awesome; Brandon was very impressed with the great attitudes and servant mindedness of his students!

Miranda and mommy missed him, but did pretty well throughout the week. I'm grateful for friends in town and a fantastic babysitter that helped watch her when I had evening commitments. She tried really hard not to learn any big new things so Brandon wouldn't miss out. Below is a video of her playing; she's gotten pretty good at clapping now which is one of her newer skills.

Big news in the Peterson family - Scott and Lisa had their baby girl! Alice is one week and one day old now. She's home now, eating, sleeping, eating and sleeping. She's beautiful and I swear she's already smiling in some of the pictures! I can't wait to go out to Boston in June and cuddle her!

4 comments:

Girl of Approval said...

She's getting so big!!!

She's so cute and smiley. It must run in the family if Alice is already grining. :0)

The Kahls said...

So glad he is home safe and sound! I can't believe how big that baby girl is getting!!! Love it!

Grandma Marcia said...

I LOVE the sink bath pictures. I have those for all three of you kids. (My kids) I'm so glad that Brandon is home. I can't open the video. It is something I am doing wrong I am sure.

Alice Davie Baptiste Peterson said...

BHWAAAAAH! I can't open the video! Its private! I want to see clapping!